Extractives and Environment: CTA’s programmes in this thematic area are designed to support quick impact activities that will lead to responsible mining by industry operators both in oil and gas and solid minerals. It also seeks to promote prudent inclusion of women and girls in oil resouce management and governance in the sector. Equally, our programmes are designed to promote sustainable environment by encouraging environmental best practices.
- Budget Tracking, Transparency, and Accountability
- Leadership development and Civic empowerment
- Capacity Development/Building
- Participatory Needs Assessment and Diagnostic Studies
- Campaigns and public enlightenment
1. Advocacy targeting extractive entities and MDAs.
2. Contract Transparency.
3. Advocating for legislation on policy reforms that promotes the extractive sector transparency .
4. Community awareness and promoting information on disclosure by mining, oil and gas industries.
5. Promoting civil society coalition on the extractive industries
6. Interfacing with organisations like PWYP, NEITI, FOSTER on extractive matters
7. Climate change
From left, The presenter, Victor Velmo; Paul Ogwu , a research Analyst; The Executive Director of CTA, Faith Nwadishi and Mr. MacDonald the Program/Communication manager of CTA Ekemezie at Hot fm 98.3, Abuja, discussing contract disclosure in Nigeria
From left, Paul Ogwu, A research Analyst; The presenter Victor Velmo; Paul Ogwu; The Executive Director of CTA, Faith Nwadishi ; Dr. Dieter Bassi, An expert on CDAs from NEITI and Mr. MacDonald the Program/Communication manager of CTA Ekemezie at Hot fm 98.3, Abuja, on Responsible Mining
ED CTA and Stanley Achuno